Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What I'm interested in HW six

In reading over these topics of interest in order to get ideas for our semester-long research and writing project I found many options for my paper. To be honest, in the first section I had to look up and ask questions on what they actually were, I am not up on my technological jargon. I found quite a few that caught my eye after I looked them up! Such as aggregators because I love music and being able to have it at the tip of my fingers at any moment is amazing to me, also being able to receive and listen to music from all over the world! Emails and instant messaging is something I am addicted to like every other teenager on this campus! It is our way of communicating instantly and efficiently, not to mention the cute smiley faces! As for my last interest in this section, the bulletin boards are proving to be extremely handy! As for empowerment of marginalized groups…to be VERY honest, I have not put much thought in to them before. At all. However, I looked in to them, tapped in to my knowledge of them, and found two that I would like to take a deeper look. Overcoming religious intolerance/barriers between people of different religions is something that peaks my curiosity on account that I am Catholic and with the scandals and accusations it is very difficult to be a practicing Catholic without judgment or comments as well as many other issues within and involving other religions. I also tied in the last topic with this one; I want so badly to move to Europe when I am older, particularly France. I am starting to look in to what it takes to be a citizen and the tolerance and rights in that country is something I am extremely concerned with, want, and need to look in to for the near future!

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Katie, what a lot of intriguing topics, and you do a good job of explaining why they interest you.