Thursday, November 15, 2007

HW 35: Farewell Blogger.com

I am sorry to say this is my last blog I will be posting on blogger.com, in the beginning I was skeptical of blogging however; I have found it being most rewarding especially by using it to post homework assignments. I have learned that it is most important to have good time management in order to keep up to date with my assignments. A timestamp occurs on every blog posted with the date and time of its posting down to the second. Not only can my professor use that to determine how to grade my assignment and its timeliness’ but also that I am up to date with my assignments. With the rare occurrence that I am not, she can determine when I did my back work for her to grade accordingly. I have had to do many assignments and I am required to produce all of them printed in a portfolio at the end of the semester and having them readily available on blogger.com it will make this task easy to complete. For others, I hope that my blogs on the readings I have done in this class will help other people understand the authors when they read the books I blogged on. Not only will they help better understand the authors but an opinion on them as well maybe to help them gain their own. I am most proud of my blogs when we were reading Virginia Woolf, not only am I a big fan of her but I feel that I stood very strong with writing about how to perceive her works. I feel like it was a tribute in a way to her and what she has written and her interests as a woman of her time. To be honest, I am not 100% positive if I will continue to blog because I am no longer required to do so. However, I feel as though I will take advantage of blogger to blog and do the same analyses of books I have yet to read, to keep up the contribution of opinions and summaries for others. I will not delete or cancel my account or any of the posts already posted on it, I feel like that sort of thing is good to look back at to see the growth in my writing and such. Thank all of you have read my blog thus far!

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Katie, yes, what a lot of work you've done here! Glad the Woolf especially was rewarding--it's challenging but important worthwhile stuff!